The chronicle of the year 6838 (1330) states that the Murza Chet came from the Horde to serve the Grand Prince Ivan Kalita. The muza and his army of thirty thousand men travelled long distances from the Golden Horde to Moscow. During one of his halts the Horde nobleman prayed to God for healing from a disease that had long tormented him. That very day in a dream he saw the Mother of God with the apostle Philip and the holy martyr Hypatius. Upon waking up, Chet was surprised to find that he was completely cured. Murza Chet converted to Orthodoxy and was baptized with the name Zacharias. He was baptized by Metropolitan Peter of Moscow himself. Ivan Kalita presented Zakharius-Chet with chambers in the Kremlin and vast lands, including the village of Grebnevo, formerly called Chetrekovskoye after the Tatar nobleman. Later, in gratitude to God for the miraculous healing, the Murza Chet founded the famous Holy Trinity Ipatiev Monastery.
The only depiction of the Tatar nobleman Chet, as he was imagined by a 16th century isographer, is preserved on the icon "The Appearance of the Mother of God with the Interceding Apostle Philip and the Hieromartyr Hypatius of Gangra to the Murza Chet".
Murza Chet became the ancestor of such famous noble families as the Saburovs, the Godunovs and the Veliaminovs-Zernovs.
Ivan I. Kalita, Prince of Moscow, Grand Prince of Vladimir and Prince of Novgorod.
Through his activities, he laid a solid foundation for Moscow's future political and economic power, thanks to his persistence in achieving his goals. Prince Ivan Danilovich Kalita received his nickname, most likely for his habit of carrying a purse ("kalita") with him at all times to give alms to the poor. His reign was an era of increasing power of Moscow and its rise above other Russian cities. Ivan Danilovich provided security for Moscow. It was under Ivan Kalita that the oaken Kremlin was built, which protected the centre of the city and the suburb beyond. Villages sprang up with great speed. The boyars gladly went to the Moscow prince and received lands from him. Under him Moscow became the spiritual capital of Russia. Chroniclers wrote that Ivan Danilovich Kalita saved the Russian land from thieves and robbers, always administered the "righteous court," helped the poor, protecting widows. For this reason he received his second nickname - Kind.
Ulyana, Grand Duchess of Moscow, second wife of Ivan I Kalita
Vladimir Andreevich Khrabry, the appanage prince of Serpukhov.
In the second half of the fourteenth century, Prince Vladimir Andreevich Khrabryy owned the lands of Grebnev. He entered the history as one of the outstanding princes of medieval Russia. He occupied the position of the second person of the Moscow princely house.
He took part in the defence of Pskov from the knights of the Livonian Order. He strengthened the Grand Duchy of Moscow. Defended the independence of the Russian principalities from the Horde and Lithuanian armies.
During the battle of Kulikovskaya together with voivode Dmitry Bobrok-Volynsky he commanded the ambush regiment which decided the outcome of the battle in favor of the Russians. The prince was given a separate title - "Donskoy" for his key role in the battle of Kulikovo. For participation in numerous military campaigns he was nicknamed "brave". He was closely acquainted with the Venerable Sergius of Radonezh, the "luminary of the Russian Land".
Andrei (junior) Vladimirovich, Prince of Serpukhov, Radonezhsky, Borovsky.
During his reign, Grebnevo was a major centre of the wax trade. The prince also came into possession of Radonezh and built there a wooden kremlin for which he received the name of Radonezhsky. He was buried in the Archangel Cathedral of the Moscow Kremlin.
Vasily Yaroslavich Brave, an appanage prince of Serpukhov-Borovo, Dmitrov and Zvenigorod.
Vasily Yaroslavich was a staunch supporter of Grand Prince Vasily Temny and went with him on military campaigns. In July 1456, during a princely internecine strife, Prince Vasily, as a former associate of Grand Prince Vasily II the Dark of Moscow, was accused of treason, seized and imprisoned, where he died after the accession of his son Ivan III.
Part of the land holdings of the Moscow Grand Ducal House.
Vasily Vasilievich Grebenka-Shuisky, Grand Duke of Nizhny Novgorod and Suzdal.
In honour of its new owner, the village of Chetrekovskoe was given its familiar name of Grebnevo.
Colonel Vasily was a descendant of a princely family hostile to Moscow princes, sided himself with Dmitry Shemyaka, led Novgorod troops in the battle of Russa and in the battle on the Northern Dvina near the mouth of the River Shelenga. In both cases his troops were defeated by Moscow forces. During the siege of Veliky Novgorod Vasily was the leader of the Novgorodians. Seeing the disarray among the defenders of the fortress, he switched to the service of Tsar Ivan III.
Ivan Ivanovich Gorbaty-Shuisky, prince, voivode and okolnichy.
Prince Ivan is mentioned in chronicles in connection with a campaign against Livonians in 1502. In 1516 he was left in Roslavlje to command a large regiment. In 1521 he became the governor of Dorogobuzh. In 1550 he took part in the campaign against Polotsk.
Semyon Ivanovich Vorontsov, boyar and voivode.
Served under the Moscow princes Ivan III and Vasily III. Vorontsov was voivode of Mozhaisk, Tula, Starodub, and Serpukhov; he defended cities from attack of Crimean Khanate troops; he participated in a campaign against Lithuanians in Mstislavl.
Dmitry Semenovich Vorontsov, boyar, and voivode.
He was a regimental voivode in Dorogobuzh, Serpukhov, Meschera; commander of the guard regiment of the cavalry army during the Kazan campaign; served as viceroy in Pskov.
Ivan Chukha Dmitrievich Vorontsov, boyar, voivode.
During the reign of Ivan IV the Terrible, part of Vorontsov's lands were confiscated to the oprichnina, while he himself gave part of them to the Trinity-Sergius Monastery, where he was later buried.
Vasily Fedorovich Vorontsov, boyar, okolnichy and voivode.
He took part in the Novgorod, Serpukhov, Livonian and Pskov military campaigns and proved himself as a talented commander of the Livonian War. He died heroically in battle against the Polish-Lithuanian forces.
Bogdan Yakovlevich Belsky, boyar, prominent figure in the oprichnina, armourer and okolnichy.
A nephew of one of the leaders of the oprichnina, the famous Malyuta Skuratov, he enjoyed the tsar's unlimited trust and was appointed guardian of his youngest son, Tsarevich Dmitry.
Bogdan Bielski had an undoubted talent for military leadership, which was clearly demonstrated during the campaign in Northern Livonia. The Russian army then managed to conquer virtually the entire territory of present-day Latvia.
In 1581, the Pharmacy order was created and Belsky became head of it. The Apothecary Order can be regarded as the forerunner of the Ministry of Health. Later he received another appointment as head of the Investigative Department. In 1584 Ivan the Terrible died. The circumstances of the tsar's death are still debatable; some of his contemporaries believed that the tsar was poisoned by Belsky himself, who colluded with Boris Godunov. Ivan the Terrible died playing chess with Bogdan Belsky.
Admission to the public land fund.
Maria Vasilyevna Vorontsova, wife of Boyar Vasily Fedorovich Vorontsov.
She was a member of the inner circle of the new Tsar Mikhail Romanov's mother, the influential nun Martha.
Dmitry Timofeyevich Trubetskoy, prince, military and political figure.
The prince belonged to a noble family leading from the Lithuanian grand dukes. He received the rank of boyar from False Dmitri II and headed the Streltsy Department together with him and other noble boyars.
Subsequently, together with the voivode Prokopiy Lyapunov, he cleared the capital of Polish and traitors. Dmitry Timofeyevich led the First Zemstvo militia, having locked up the Poles in the Kremlin and Kitay-gorod. In the Second home guard together with Pozharsky and Minin has rejected armies Polish colonel Khodkevich. The Poles, besieged in the Kremlin, finally surrendered and opened the gates of the Kremlin.
Dmitry Trubetskoy formally was the senior of zemstvo governors of Russia down to Zemsky Sobor of 1613. Thus, during several months (at the end of 1612 and at the very beginning of 1613) Dmitry Timofeevich Trubetskoy actually possessed the supreme power in the country. And yet he was not elected to the throne, as he had a tough temperament and neither the Cossacks, nor the nobility, nor the aristocracy regarded him as "theirs" to the end.
For his activities Trubetskoy received the title of "Saviour of the Fatherland", he was granted by Tsar Mikhail Fedorovich honour and wealth, chambers in the Kremlin and "Grebnevo - the fiefdom of boyar prince Dmitry Timofeyevich Trubetskoy by the grant of 1623...".
Later Tsar Mikhail Romanov appointed Dmitri Trubetskoy as governor of Siberia. The prince died in Tobolsk. From there his body was transported for burial to the Trinity-Sergius Lavra in the basement of the Trinity Cathedral.
Despite the fact that the garrison of the Polish interventionists was defeated by troops led by the triumvirate - Princes Dmitry Trubetskoy and Dmitry Pozharsky, and the burgher Kuzma Minin - a monument was erected on Red Square to only two leaders of the national militia - Minin and Pozharsky.
Anna Vasilievna Trubetskoy, Duchess, wife of Prince Dmitry Timofeyevich Trubetskoy
Alexei Nikitich Trubetskoy, boyar, military and political figure.
The prince led the Tsarist regiment and commanded the army. He was the godfather of Tsarevich Peter Alexeyevich, the future Emperor Peter I. After the Polish invasion he rebuilt the Spaso-Cholensky monastery (nowadays non-operational), donated a large sum to the Nilo-Stolobensky monastery (today the Nilova desert on the Seliger lake). At the end of his life he accepted monasticism with the name Athanasius.
Yuri Petrovich Trubetskoy, prince, boyar, Kievan voivode, grandson of Alexei Nikitich Trubetskoy.
He converted from Catholicism to Orthodox Christianity, received from Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich the rank of stolnik, a boyar rank, held the sceptre at the coronation of Tsar Fyodor Alexeyevich.
Ivan Yuryevich Trubetskoy, prince, boyar, field marshal general.
An associate of Peter I, the last boyar in Russian history, spent 18 years as a prisoner of war in Sweden.
While in Swedish captivity, the prince's son Ivan was born to Baroness Wrede, or, in another version, to Countess Sparr, who, as an illegitimate child, received the name of Betsky and who later became a famous figure of the Russian Enlightenment. Contemporaries regarded Betsky as the father of the future Russian Empress Catherine II: according to the recollections of Betsky's secretary Mark Khozikov, "entering the room of Ivan Ivanovich, the Empress kissed his hand. The British Museum archives hold a letter in which Catherine II addresses him as her father. In 1762, on his way back from Moscow to St Petersburg after the coronation of Peter III and Catherine II, Betskoi rode in the second carriage after the sovereigns. He was listed as Catherine's "reader" and saw her daily. When the empress gave birth to an illegitimate son by Grigory Orlov, she entrusted the child to Betsky for upbringing. In 1772 Betskoi received the rare honour of having a table medal struck in his honour at the behest of the Senate.
On his return to Russia, Prince Ivan Trubetskoy was promoted to the rank of General-in-Chief, became a member of the Military Collegium, was appointed Governor of Kiev and later became Field Marshal-General. He acted on the side of Empress Anna Ioannovna. He was one of the first to take the oath of allegiance to Empress Elizaveta Petrovna.
Anastasia Ivanovna Hesse-Homburgskaya (Trubetskoy, Cantemir), princess, lady of state, daughter of Prince Ivan Yuryevich Trubetskoy.
Anastasia spent her youth in Sweden, where she received a European education. She married for the first time a Moldavian gentleman, Dimitri Ivanovich Cantemir, who lived in St Petersburg. The second time she married her long-time admirer, the Russian field marshal Ludwig Gruno, Crown Prince of Hesse-Hamburg.
Catherine Dmitrievna Golitsina (Cantemir), princess, lady of state, daughter of Anastasia Ivanovna of Hesse-Homburg by her first marriage.
Catherine was considered one of the most educated women of her time. When she became a chambermaid, she married Prince Dmitry Mikhailovich Golitsyn, captain of the Izmailovsky Regiment. On her wedding day, which took place at the court of Empress Elizabeth Petrovna, she was granted the rank of lady of state. In Paris, Catherine was granted an audience with King Louis XV's wife, Queen Mary of Leschinsky and was included in the famous Salon Madame Joffrin (Mme Thérèse Rodet), which brought together all the great minds of France. Its regular customers were the philosophers Dalembert, Holbach, Diderot, Marmontel, writers, painters and artists. In the history of music Catherine Dmitrievna is considered one of the most outstanding harpsichordists of the 18th century. With her beautiful voice and fine vocal school, the princess, according to contemporaries, could compete with the best opera virtuosi of Italy. Having no children of her own, she left a large monetary donation in favour of the development of obstetrics in Russia.
Dmitry Mikhailovich Golitsyn, prince, ambassador and diplomat, husband of Catherine Dmitrievna Golitsina (Cantemir).
For 32 years he represented Catherine II at the Habsburg court in Vienna and Paris. He received the rank of lieutenant-general, later full privy councilor. The Prince's activity as an ambassador in Vienna had a positive influence on the stabilization of Russian-Austrian relations. The personality of the diplomat, who was favoured by the imperial family, played a major role in this. Thus, the street where the Russian embassy was located was renamed in his honour and called Golitsynstrasse. The same happened with the nearby mountain - it was named Golitsynberg.
In addition to his direct duties, Golitsyn was active in charity and patronage of the arts. During his thirty years in the Austrian capital he was able to amass an outstanding collection of paintings, covering virtually all periods of its development. This profound interest was noted by the Academy of Arts in Venice (1781), the Academy of Drawing (1766) and the Academy of Arts in Vienna (1791), which elected Dmitry Mikhailovich its honorary member. For his diplomatic service Golitsyn was awarded the Order of St. Andrew, 1st class, Order of St. Anna, was a Knight of the Order of St. Alexander Nevsky and the Order of St. Vladimir.
The venerable diplomat and nobleman died in Vienna on 19 September 1793, where he had been living since his retirement in 1792. He left his entire estate to his cousins, including a collection of paintings comprising 297 paintings. He also donated 920600 rubles for the construction of a hospital, which was completed by 1802. According to his will, an art gallery was set up there, which existed from 1810 to 1817. In fact, it was the first private collection open to the general public.
Nikita Yuryevich Trubetskoy, prince, military man and statesman, nephew of Prince Ivan Yuryevich Trubetskoy.
Prince Trubetskoy witnessed eight reigns, but thanks to his cleverness and flattery, he successfully survived all palace coups, thus earning the reputation of an unprincipled opportunist among his contemporaries. Educated in 'the German land', Trubetskoy was a member of the 'scholarly retinue' of Theophanes Prokopovich, and the poet Antiochus Cantemir, who called him 'a true and ancient friend', dedicated his seventh satire to him. He patronised the troupe of Fyodor Volkov and "composed poems not bad himself".
Anna Danilovna Trubetskaya (Drutskaya-Sokolinskaya), princess, wife of Prince Nikita Yuryevich Trubetsky.
Mother of Mikhail Kheraskov, an outstanding poet, writer and playwright of the Enlightenment, author of the first Russian epic poem Rossiada written at the Grebnevo manor.
Nikolai Nikitich Trubetskoy, prince, state councillor, Martinist-Rosencreutzer, son of Anna Danilovna and Nikita Yurievich Trubetskoy.
A prominent Moscow martinist, belonged to the highest ranking Rosencreutzers in Russia. "He wrote various works in verse and prose, many of which were printed in Moscow monthly essays," was engaged in translating articles from the French "Encyclopedia," was fond of home theatre "nobles played Russian and French best plays." According to Ivan Dolgoruky, "there were daily enchantments, various village feasts, theatres, illuminations, fireworks and anything else that might amuse the mind and senses".
He financed the Friendly Learned Society and the Typographic Company, which declared its task to be the patronage of the sciences. The company financed the Pedagogical (Teachers') Seminary and the Philological (Translator's) Seminary at Moscow University, all of whose students received scholarships.
Guided the Moscow lodge "Osiris", later was founded a new, "sientific" ("scientific") Masonic lodge "Harmony", which consisted of only 8 members: Prince Nikolai Trubetskoy, his maternal brother Mikhail Kheraskov, Ivan Turgenev, Alex Kutuzov, Ivan Schwarz, Nikolai Novikov, Princes Cherkassky and Engalichev. At the Wilhelmsbad Masonic Congress in 1782, Russia was recognized as an independent Masonic power, following which Prince Trubetskoy, under the name of "Knight of the Northern Eagle" (Eques ab aquila boreale) was elected to the Chapter 8 of the Corrected Scottish Charter. A special Masonic order was soon established, called the "Chapter of the Russian Province", of which Trubetskoy became the "chief vizier".
In 1792 he was exiled, later pardoned.
Tatiana Yakovlevna Bibikova (Tverdyshev), daughter of Yakov Borisovich Tverdyshev, owner of the Urals metallurgical plants.
Gavriil Ilyich Bibikov, nobleman, major-general, husband of Tatyana Yakovlevna Bibikova (Tverdysheva).
He was enrolled in the Life Guard Preobrazhensky Regiment as a lieutenant, then entered active service with a transfer to the cavalry, served in Kharkov, took part in hostilities of the Seven Years' War, replaced Cesarevitch Pavel Petrovich at the head of the Heir of the Ciracy Regiment in Krasnoye Selo near St. Petersburg. Companion of Alexander Suvorov, brother-in-law of Mikhail Kutuzov. In 1801 he retired from military service. He built palaces in Moscow and an estate in the village of Grebnevo, where he founded the Church of the Grebnevskaya Icon of the Mother of God. In 1794 he founded the stone church of the Descent of the Holy Spirit in the village of Shkin, whose construction was entrusted to the famous architect Rodion Kazakov. He owned his own home theatre in Moscow and was a well-known patron of the arts: he sent the children of his footmen, butlers and cooks to be brought up in boarding schools, where the latter received a decent education.
Catherine Alexandrovna Bibikova (Chebyshev), wife of nobleman Gavriil Ilyich Bibikov.
She came from a poor noble family and in her youth was known as one of Moscow's first beauties.
Anna Alexandrovna Golitsina, princess, born Baroness Stroganova, wife of Prince Mikhail Mikhailovich Golitsyn.
She was born into the family of Baron Alexander Grigorievich Stroganov, chamberlain, actual Civil Councillor, Lieutenant-General, the largest salt producer and landowner of the Russian Empire, and Elena Vasilyevna Dmitriyeva-Mamonova, daughter of Rear Admiral Vasily Afanasievich Dmitriyev-Mamonov.
Princess Golitsina was awarded the highest honour for ladies, the Order of St Catherine of the Lesser Cross.
As the legal owner of the Grebnevo estate, she actually entrusted her younger sons, Alexander and Sergei Mikhailovich Golitsyn, to take care of the affairs of the newly acquired estate.
Alexander Mikhailovich Golitsyn, Prince, Privy Councillor, son of Lieutenant-General and Chamberlain Mikhail Mikhailovich Golitsyn and Baroness Anna Aleksandrovna Stroganova.
During the reign of Catherine II he was Chamberlain. He showed infinite loyalty to the Empress and she favoured him. Then he was appointed gentleman of the chamber to the Grand Duke Alexander Pavlovich. Thanks to his cleverness and ability to be an agreeable conversationalist he earned his favour and trust. He accompanied the Grand Duchess Elizabeth Alexeyevna to Sweden. He was distinguished by his jovial character and satirical intelligence.
Sergei Mikhailovich Golitsyn, prince, privy councillor, brother of Alexander Mikhailovich Golitsyn.
A striking personality of Griboyedov's Moscow, owner and manager of the estates of Grebnevo and Kuzminki, nicknamed "the last nobleman of Moscow" and awarded all the highest Russian orders.
Fyodor Aleksandrovich Golitsyn, prince, chamberlain, son of Aleksandr Mikhailovich Golitsyn and the maid of honour Natalia Fyodorovna Shakhova.
He founded the school in Grebnevo with 77 pupils, 69 of them peasants. Later he was sent to Rome where he was attached to the Russian diplomatic mission with the rank of collegiate assessor. He secretly converted from Orthodoxy to Catholicism and joined the banned in Russia order of the Jesuits. In Rome, Golitsyn, who was known as a "kind and scatterbrained aristocrat", combined the duties of a simple clerical clerk with collecting, art history and archaeology, and acquired archaeological finds.
Later he was again summoned to Russia, but stayed abroad under the pretext of medical treatment in Switzerland. Disregarding the collapse of his career, he left Switzerland for Paris, where he engaged in religious education among the soldiers of the city garrison.
The behaviour of the "freethinker" aroused the indignation of Emperor Nicholas I. The prince was deprived of Russian citizenship, officials, ranks and all rights of estate, with exile to penal servitude in absentia. Thus Fyodor Golitsyn fell victim to his irresistible craving for personal freedom, unthinkable during the reign of Nicholas I.
Vera Mikhailovna Panteleeva, daughter of merchant Mikhail Ivanovich Krashennikov, wife of nobleman Fedor Fedorovich Panteleev.
Maxim, Fyodor and Nikita Ivanovich Kondrashov, brothers merchants.
The Kondrashov brothers' products were successfully exhibited at the Paris World Exhibition in 1867 and the All-Russian Industrial Exhibition in 1870. In 1882, at the All-Russian Industrial and Artistic Exhibition in Moscow, the Kondrashov brothers' factory "for the excellent quality of furniture silk and shaped fabrics, combined with elegance and taste" was awarded the right to depict the State Emblem on the factory's trading label.
Zinaida Artemyevna Fedotova, Moscow merchant of the II Guild, owner of the Trading House "Z.A. Fedotova and Co."
From the beginning of 1892, the former Kondrashovs' factory on the estate was reoriented into artificial wool production and started to produce "cartouche devices".
Pavel, Konstantin, Nikolai Vasilyevich Fedotov, merchants, sons of Zinaida Artemyevna Fedotova.
Vasily Pavlovich and Nikolai Konstantinovich Fedotov, merchants, grand sons of Zinaida Artemyevna Fedotova.
Fyodor Aleksandrovich Grinevsky, Russian and Polish doctor and public figure. Arranged a private healthcare centre called Grebnevo.
Graduated from the medical faculty of Moscow University, worked as a doctor in Moscow. He travelled to fight cholera epidemics, published several scientific articles on microbiology and infectious diseases, gave numerous speeches, and participated in the work of the Ambulance Society and several charitable societies. Fyodor Alexandrovich enjoyed great popularity as a private practitioner (his patients were major capitalist Savva Morozov, actors of the Moscow Art Theatre Olga Knipper (wife of Anton Chekhov), Vsevolod Meyerhold, Leonid Leonidov).
The manor was purchased by Dr Grinevsky to house the Grebnevo Healthcare. Fyodor Aleksandrovich was in charge of the Grebnevo Sanatorium until 1919. He was a second cousin of the famous writer Alexander Grin.
The healthcare centre was nationalised and handed over to the MOSOBLZDRAVOTDELA.
Nikolai Semashko HealthCare.
In 1925, a brief description of the sanatorium appeared in the collection Moscow Sanatoria: "Beautiful terrain, a large shady park with lime trees and birch alleys, a lovely large pond, on which there is a large island with a park of pine and fir trees and a peninsula with pine trees with lawns and areas for sun and dry air baths and gymnastics. The sanatorium is surrounded by an ancient forest (pine and birch). The whole area is fairly well protected from winds and situated on a fairly dry site. A lot of beautiful scenery. / The sanatorium consists of three large stone buildings. The main building is a palace with summer and winter terraces, solarium and benches in the park and by the pond. Both buildings are specially adapted for a sanatorium and provided with electric lighting, running water and central (steam) heating. The "palace" has 4 large beautiful rooms, a double dining room from Catherine's times and a common room for patients. Rooms are large, bright, almost all on a sunny side (on 1-2-3 patients) on corridor system, supplied with comfortable furniture, convenient beds, in each room the wall case for clothes, a sink, plumbing, electricity. The rooms are constantly ventilated and well heated in winter. / The sanatorium has a well-equipped water-light-electric therapy, which has all the necessary physical methods of treatment: for hydrotherapy - baths, half-baths (simple coniferous, carbonic, salty, etc.), showers (bullet, jet, general descending and ascending, Charcot, Scottish, etc.), baths Kneipp and Scottish. For electrotherapy - 2 multistats, one-, two- and four-chamber baths "Shnee" (hydroelectric); for light therapy - bath obschesvetovaya, spotlight, mountain sun, etc. / The sanatorium has a well-equipped laboratory for all kinds of research. / Patients spend all their time outdoors, taking sun and dry air baths, lying on verandahs or benches in the park or on the lawns or taking walks in the forest, in the park or on islands; boating, picking flowers, berries and mushrooms in summer and skiing, skating, mountain skiing in winter, etc.".
Hospital for the severely wounded
Shchelkovo Electrovacuum Technique.
The palace and the eastern wing were converted into academic buildings with classrooms and laboratories, while the western wing was given over to the dormitory. During the redevelopment the rooms were substantially redesigned, the enclosures of the promenade terraces above the galleries connecting the main house with the side pavilions were demolished.
From the summer of 1946 up to the beginning of 1952 the manor house was inhabited by families of German specialists who came to Fryazino from the defeated Germany, after the end of the contract the German specialists returned to their homeland.
Status of architectural monument of national importance.
RESEARCH INSTITUTE PLATAN
Grebnevo Manor Historical and Cultural Centre
The first floor of the main building was used for concerts, children's New Year's celebrations and poetry meetings. On the second floor there was an exhibition hall where exhibitions of Roerich's paintings were held.
A school of aesthetic education was established on the basis of the ICC.
The school was housed in the eastern wing of the manor. Foreign languages and various aesthetic subjects were taught to children.
In the western wing, the former dormitory became the hotel of the SNPP Platan. The "carriage barn" was equipped with a gym with a swimming pool and a sauna, the former stables became a youth club, and the former cattle yard became a canteen.
Transferred to the Department for the Protection of Monuments of the Ministry of Architecture of the Russian Federation.
Andrei Arkadyevich Kovalev is a Russian businessman, public figure, musician and poet.
In addition to his business life, he is an author and performer of various musical genres, organiser of educational and musical events, active in public life, and a collector of works of art.